Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Jam heart pie

My baking skills have improved!
Sadly I can't bake as often as I would like to, but when I have the chance I try to make always something new and interesting.

This jam pie was something I've never tried before, it was a nice yummy surprise. This pie is sooo soft and delicious :)


As you can see the jam in not mixed into the dough! I dropped it on top of the dough in big spoonfuls. This way in the oven the jam sinks a little while the pie rises all around it.



HINT: You can drop the jam in smaller more evenly distributed chunks if you prefer!

I'm using an instant baking yeast, very popular in Italy, that can be added directly to the dough. Feel free to substitute it with the yeast commonly used in your Country!

Ingredients:
  • 200 gr all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 150 gr sugar
  • 150 gr yogurt (I used vanilla yogurt)
  • jam (I used raspberry jam)
  • 75 ml vegetable oil (e.g. canola oil or rapeseed oil)
  • ½ small bag of dried instant baking yeast (1 or 2 teaspoons)
  • powdered sugar for decoration

Directions:
Whisk the eggs and the sugar together. Add the yogurt and the oil, mix.
Add sifted flour and yeast, mixing until well combined.
Grease a pie plate with some butter and spread some flour on it. Pour the mixture in the plate and drop spoonfuls of jam on top of it.
Bake in pre-heated oven at 180º C (356º F) for about 20-25 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean, then the pie is ready.
Let it cool down and decorate with powdered sugar.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...