Friday, October 25, 2013

Dragon eggs

As Halloween approaches, it is very fun to "play" with the food and make spooky yummy treats for the whole family. Eggs in particular are a great tool to express your creativity with food!

I know that shops sell fantastic food dyes, but I don't really trust those so I tried to use natural colors instead (blueberries, beetroot, curry power and so on). I cracked the egg shells a little before dying them and only at the end I peeled the eggs. As result, I got gorgeous weird looking eggs that I named DRAGON EGGS, because of their fantasy-style appearance.




This was my first attempt to do such a thing and I was really happy by the result! The colors turned out pretty and funny (even not as intense as the food dyes, of course) and I think it's a very nice idea for Halloween.
I almost felt like an alchemist, stirring my boiling caludron full of strange colored liquids and emanating funny smells :D


First the eggs are boiled, the shell cracked and then dropped in the colored solution (plus 2 teaspoons of vinegar) for some time, depends how strong you want the color to be, I let them for about 1 hour.

Happy Halloween!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...